Schema markup has become a huge topic in SEO the last few years. When I hear folks talk about it, so frequently, it is discussed as a rankings “tactic”. In reality, the purpose of schema is much greater than some short-term rankings ploy. Bottom line, schema helps search engines process your site. Essentially, schema is a series of html tags that classifies content into certain “types” of content.
If you are building a site from scratch and pulling in structured data, you would want to build schema into that structure.
But, most of us are using some type of cms or platform to operate our site. And, with WordPress being the biggest, here is a great WordPress plugin that I would use to help with Schema.
Here are some of the benefits of this plugin:
- It gives search engines only the important & precise information to display in search result snippets.
- Rich Snippets are very interactive (photos, star ratings, price, author, etc.) to let you stand out from competition
- See what difference it makes in CTR (Click Through Rate)
- Helps you rank higher in search results
- Helps Facebook display proper information when users share your links on Facebook >Curious, how does this plugin work? > > Take a quick test drive!
No comments yet.