Robert I, or Robert the Bruce was the King of Scotland. In pop culture, he is also known as the King in Braveheart. He led Scotland during the first wars of Scottish Independence (as depicted in Braveheart). But, to me, he is my 20th great grandfather. And, this is how I am related to him (This lineage is documented in a book called Americans of Royal Descent:
Robert Bruce, King of Scots (1274-1329)
- Thomas Isaac (1306-1364) | Lady MM Bruce (1310-1353)
- John D’Ergadia | Joanna Isaac (1335-1439)
- Sir James Stewart | Lady John d Beaufort
- Sir John Stewart | Lady Eleanor Sinclair
- Alexander Robertson (1466-1520) | Lady Isabel Stewart (1472-1557)
- John Robertson (1499-1540) | Margaret Crichton (1498-1540)
- Gilbert Robertson (1512-1570) | Janet Reid (1525-1585)
- David Robertson (-1550) | Maria Colon Innes (1505-1560)
- William Robertson | Isabel Petrie (1530-1593)
- William Robertson | Mitchell
- William Robertson (1649-1708) | Eleanor Pitcairn (1634-1708)
- Jean Robertson (1684-1735) | Alexander Henry (1674-1735)
- Hugh Henry (1720-1808) | Mary Donalson (1720-1810). Hugh was the first of this line in America. He was born in Virginia.
- David Henry (1753-1846) | Priscilla E Mooring (1761-1840) David Henry was the first to migrate to Robertson County, TN.
- Isaac David Henry (1802-1834) | Elizabeth Winfield (1807-1882) Isaac was the first of this line to be born in Robertson County.
- Edward Porter (1818-1898) | Cordelia Porter (1824-1862)
- Bryant W. Porter (1845-1910) | Nancy A. Powell (1839-1901)
- Thomas Jasper Porter (1876-1951) | Maud Myrtle Rose (1881-1907)
- Willie S. Ayres (1894-1948) | Virginia Elise Porter Ayres (1904-2005)
- Bob Ayres | Marion Ayres
- Phil Ayres
No comments yet.